With our Pasta Rea fresh pasta shells you’re sure to impress family and friends with this great Italian Wedding Soup recipe! Is it only appropriate for weddings? Of course not! Italian Wedding Soup gained its name not from the occasion that might bring it to the table but rather from the harmony of its ingredients. “Wedding soup” actually means “married soup” in Italian as in the “marriage” of the ingredients. Enjoy this delicious recipe from Chef Tony anytime you’re looking for a hearty and satisfying soup. Serve with a crusty load of fresh Italian bread, olive oil or butter, and you have a meal!
1/2 lb. meat loaf mix ground beef, veal and pork
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. fine cracked black pepper
5 cloves garlic, paste
1 each whole egg
1/4 c. milk
Combine the ingredients above. Form small 1/2 inch balls, refrigerate.
1 stewing chicken
6 quarts chicken broth
1/2 onion, fine diced
4 cloves garlic, paste
1 bay leaf
1 carrot, fine diced
2 stalks celery, fine dice
2 tsp. sea salt
2 cups spinach leaves
¼ # pasta shells
1. Simmer chicken in the 6 quarts of chicken broth for about 2 1/2 hours or until tender. Remove, skin and bones, shred and refrigerate.
2. Strain and skim broth and return to pot.
3. Add onion, garlic, bay leaf, carrot, celery, sea salt. Simmer 45 minutes.
4. Add 2 cups shredded chicken and meatballs to broth. Simmer 10 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through.
5. Add spinach and pasta, simmer until pasta is al dente.
6. Serve piping hot with a side of Parmesan Cheese.
Chi Mangia Bene, Vive Bene
(who eats well, lives well)